Policy Type: Governance Process
Policy Title: Annual Planning
Date Adopted: June 13, 2019
Date Reviewed: November 17, 2023
Date Amended: November 17, 2023
To accomplish its job with a governance style consistent with Board policies, the Board will follow an annual plan that:
- Completes an assessment of Ends policies; and
- Continually improves Board performance through Board education and enriched input and deliberation.
- To accomplish administrative planning and budgeting, based on a one-year segment of the most recent statement of long-term Ends, the cycle will conclude each year on the last day of September.
- A Board member may recommend or request an item for Board discussion by submitting the item to the Board Chair no later than ten (10) business days before the Board meeting.
- Throughout the year, the Board will attend to “required approval” agenda items as expeditiously as possible.
- Superintendent’s compensation will be decided annually following a performance appraisal that shall include a review of monitoring reports received from the previous year.
- Superintendent monitoring will be on the agenda: if reports have been received since the previous meeting; if plans must be made for direct inspection monitoring; or if arrangement for third-party monitoring must be prepared.